test

Forums - 3 little things

Top > renshuu.org > Android renshuu

Nicolas2
Level: 31

First, there's this little display issue

3hmj32sswd78z4cnq6dkoy383.jpg

Then, during the kanji questions asking me to type the on-yomi:

-the keyboard is set with the normal behaviour, meaning the first letter is capitalized, which is annoying because "Jo", for example, doesn't turn into じょ. It doesn't matter whether I'm using the Google or Yandex keyboard

- A little Google popup offers to enter my Renshuu login into the answer field.

OS version ColorOS6, based on Android 9

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

Thanks for the report!

1. I'm at a bit of a loss for this one - the German is much longer than the English/Japanese. What do you think about just dropping those two buttons down below the nav bar?

2. I don't have control over forcing a first lowercase one :(. The reason that it doesn't translate Jo to じょ is because some terms can have capital ABCs in them (like Tシャツ), and so by default, renshuu leaves capitalized ones, and only translates lower case. I agree that this is a problem, but I'm not quite sure yet how to handle both situations at the same time.

3. Can you give an example of this (screenshot)? It really shouldn't be doing that, although with Google, it overrides the "hints" you can add in an input box - even if you put in "don't give suggestions" in, Google doesn't respect those markings. Go ahead and send me the screenshot, as that may help point something out.

4 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2

Thanks for the report!

1. I'm at a bit of a loss for this one - the German is much longer than the English/Japanese. What do you think about just dropping those two buttons down below the nav bar?

2. I don't have control over forcing a first lowercase one :(. The reason that it doesn't translate Jo to じょ is because some terms can have capital ABCs in them (like Tシャツ), and so by default, renshuu leaves capitalized ones, and only translates lower case. I agree that this is a problem, but I'm not quite sure yet how to handle both situations at the same time.

3. Can you give an example of this (screenshot)? It really shouldn't be doing that, although with Google, it overrides the "hints" you can add in an input box - even if you put in "don't give suggestions" in, Google doesn't respect those markings. Go ahead and send me the screenshot, as that may help point something out.

1- German is my ~5th foreign language and my phone and comp are set in German just to get a bit of daily practice, so you'll need a second opinion, but maybe keeping only "beenden" instead of "Quiz beenden" could be acceptable. Notice, it's not pretty, but all buttons are accessible.

2 -The strange thing is that this happens only in kanji questions, not vocab questions. So maybe there's something different between the 2 that you might find.

3- screenshot sent :)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

2.So, that is not actually strange, as the code is just a bit different, and the kanji ones were missing the "do not capitalize" marker. I bet it works better now.

1. Same problem is popping up in the Japanese localization, so I do not think it's going to be a long-term solution to change the wording. You'll see on the update that is dropping today that I just brought the buttons all the way down so they are below the nav bar.

4 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2

2.So, that is not actually strange, as the code is just a bit different, and the kanji ones were missing the "do not capitalize" marker. I bet it works better now.

1. Same problem is popping up in the Japanese localization, so I do not think it's going to be a long-term solution to change the wording. You'll see on the update that is dropping today that I just brought the buttons all the way down so they are below the nav bar.

2 Yes it does! Thanks!

1 Ok, thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2

3- And the login thing is gone too, thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'll share with you the rather foolish way you have to trick google. Basically, there is one field that google never prefills, and that's a *new* password field. So despite it having nothing on it that makes it look like a password, I had to write "autocomplete='new-password'" to tell google to stop autofilling it.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Android renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana