Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Custom definitions not being saved

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

|マルコ|
Level: 110

I'm quizzing with "Simple definitions" but my custom definition I add to some of the vocabs are not being retained.

I don't know if this is the root of the problem, but I add this definitions the first time during the "review phase" when a vocab is introduced for the first time

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Are you in beta when doing this?

If so, when you add them, are you marking it to be submitted for review into the dictionary?

Lastly, if you, after adding it, go back to the schedule and look up the term there, does the definition appear?

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

1) Yes, I am in beta now, though some of them I might have marked when I was outside the beta yesterday
2) No, I'm not marking them for for adding into the dictionary, I'm simply clicking "Save custom definition"
3) Yes my change appears (for the one I modified this morning), which is strange because some of this words I am under the impression I had already fixed yesterday, so this makes me doubt myself... I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for this going forward

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Well, here is my guess. When you start a quiz (that is, push the study button), it gathers a lot of data in preparation. Some of this data is added to when you load up each individual question, while some is pulled from that initial preparation. My suspicion is that when the quiz is made, the definition is X. You add custom Y to the term when you are reviewing them, and it uses that in all future quizzes, but it does not have it inside of the quiz itself.

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

I wasn't imagining things after all!

nsry55txpqbkg4fx3wsd2c7cr.png

This image above is a screenshot I've made 22 hours ago, right before correcting that entry. (I've corrected it once for myself and also submitted the correction to the site dictionary later that day)

When I ecounter it in yesterday quiz, my personal correction was showing (the closing parenthesis missing after "something" was there), but today I see this:

mbomrzeqfaib4m7rdwfqob64k.png

I don't know what's going on, but there is definetely some weirdness happening

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Next time it happens, shoot me an in-quiz report!

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

I'll do that, I'll also take a screenshot before saving any new custom definition

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I believe this has been fixed. It was indeed tied to the following situation: changing a definition in the introduction stage, then answering a question for the first time on that term in the quiz.

Please confirm that it is working! You should be able to tell by going to the schedule summary after the quiz, looking up the term, and seeing if it appears correctly or not.

4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|

thanks, I'll keep my eyes open for this in the following days :)

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana