Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Kanji kentei 2020 changes

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Exams Talk: JLPT, Kanji Kentei

Elessar
Level: 266

The offical Kanji Kentei website has announced some changes to 61 kanji as of 2020. This mostly impacts those taking Kanji Kentei levels 7 ~ 9.

The announcements can be read here:

https://www.kanken.or.jp/kanke...

Changes to the kanji are listed in this document:

https://www.kanken.or.jp/kanke...

----

As the officially published PDF doesn't let you copy & paste, I have created a Google Docs spreadsheet with the changes:

https://docs.google.com/spread...

4 years ago
Report Content
shirokitsune
Level: 1023

Thanks for the information

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

I'll rebuild the lists on renshuu asap!!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Ok: I have done the following:

1. Updating the markings in the kanji dictionary.

2. Removed the departing kanji from their original lists, updated the list kanji counts

3. Added a new list to levels 7 through 5 called "2020 Test Additions", with the new kanji.

4. Marked the readings for those four kanji that got new required readings (glad to see my home prefecture's insane reading is going to be more easily readable).

Unfortunately, the script I used to build the vocabulary lists is *SO* old that it is completely unusable, and I do not have the time to rebuild it. So, there will not be any updates to the unofficial vocabulary lists for the Kanken materials on the site.

4 years ago
Report Content
Elessar

Ok: I have done the following:

1. Updating the markings in the kanji dictionary.

2. Removed the departing kanji from their original lists, updated the list kanji counts

3. Added a new list to levels 7 through 5 called "2020 Test Additions", with the new kanji.

4. Marked the readings for those four kanji that got new required readings (glad to see my home prefecture's insane reading is going to be more easily readable).

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the site!

----

マイコー は 09 26, 9:00に

「 Unfortunately, the script I used to build the vocabulary lists is *SO* old that it is completely unusable, and I do not have the time to rebuild it. So, there will not be any updates to the unofficial vocabulary lists for the Kanken materials on the site. 」

いました。

I don't know what's involved in rebuilding the script, but is it something that someone would be able to do for you? What language is it written in?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

It was a thrown together script in php probably 10 years ago, and requires detailed knowledge of the db structure, and there is almost no documentation, so I think someone would give up on coding forever before they figured out what is going on :)

4 years ago
Report Content
Elessar

Yikes. Yes, that would be a challenge. I haven't done much scripting with PHP, but the little I have done makes that sound like a nightmare.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

It's far from impossible for me to do, but just not with what's currently on my plate job-wise.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

It's far from impossible for me to do, but just not with what's currently on my plate job-wise.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Exams Talk: JLPT, Kanji Kentei

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana