Android 8.1, I think. (Damnit, I forgot what info we had to put in here...)
Trying it just now I found a couple issues.
1. Unless I tap the background to have my words checked, the "letter box" remains in place covering the words at the bottom and I can't pull them up high enough to tap and work on them.
2. The word at the top used to be the one that I was currently typing, but at some point it got stuck. (see above screenshot)
3. I have "hide correct boxes" activated. After tapping the background this single letter remained.
4. I tapped one word and thought tapping a specific box would allow me to change that letter. (Doesn't work that way, I get it.) However I tapped a letter that came from another word that I had already filled in but was hidden due to my settings. Tapping that letter opened the clue for the already verified word and it irritated me. Would it be possible, along with hiding the boxes, to also hide/disable the clues? (Is that understandable?)
5. When hitting the "back to home" button at the end of a finished puzzle, the site went blank.
1. Yes. I like to fill all the grids first and then have them checked for mistakes.
2. The box remained throughout the rest of the quiz until the point where I tapped the background to have my answers checked.
3. It was the N5 #1 kana puzzle.
6. That's good to know. I didn't even try that.
I followed your advice, opened my email account in incognito mode. (Was a bit of a pain, though.) From there I could open the play store. But I had to leave incognito to download the app, if I remember correctly.
Issue no. 2 doesn't seem to be resolved completely. Sometimes the box remains for a while. Then it disappears for a while and doesn't pop up even if that would be the appropriate thing to do (e.g. the word is partly off screen or covered by the "letter box"). Then it pops up again and works properly for a bit. I can't see a pattern or a trigger for this behaviour.
Does this box always show up? Or when is it supposed to pop up?
I have not yet been able to replicate the remaining letters, so not quite sure yet how to fix that one. The ones that are remaining, are they always characters that are part of two words, sometimes, out never?
As to the top bar, it only appears if the app does not think in can position the puzzle in a way that the full clue appears on the screen.
or... You are in typing mode, in which case it appears by default because the keyboard takes up do much of the screen.
The clue refocus change works nicely for bottom row clues! I noticed an issue where if you move the screen at all though, it resets the puzzle height and obscures the puzzle again.
When clicking a bottom row, puzzle snaps into focus as expected:
When scrolling after, puzzle resets:
It would also be nice to be able to zoom out more if possible. I'd like to see the whole kanji puzzle on my screen, but it stops zooming if either the entire width or height is shown on the screen, but not both.
Edit: One more issue
I mean, I just solved that last puzzle so well that I got an extra onigiri out of it~ :D
That's a lot of onigiri! I'll see if I can't replicate it. I also have some ideas for the panning/zooming issues you describe. I'm off for a couple of days, and next week is the big move from Japan > US, but I'd like to get one more update in somewhere in there, so I'll work on all of these issues!
Karlla - are you using auto-check? There has to be a condition that is causing the issue (in the order that you answer them, how many times, you check them, etc.) - I'm sure I'll find it, but do let me know if you notice any other similarities.
2. The auto focus is cool. That makes it so much easier to solve the whole puzzle in one go. (^-^)b
3. Yes, auto check is activated. (I can try turn it off and see what happens.) Usually I try to solve a puzzle in one go and check when I'm done. That's what I did today (N5 #4) and I had 3 remaining characters all of which were part of two words. Yesterday I checked every couple words and also had 3 characters left. It only affects kana puzzles.
The next update (which I will upload Oct 12th, Japan time) will include (at least) the following:
Some correct boxes would not disappear when "hide finished cells" was checked (Karlla) In some groups, the number of acquired onigiri was too high. (Karlla,ArcaneAria) With longer answers, the number of movable pieces was too high (Karlla) When clue near the bottom was selected, the puzzle sometimes jumped after finishing the clue (ArcaneAria)
It does not yet handle panning all the way out to see the full puzzle, still working on that.