Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [Discussion] Any interest in a discord server?

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

マイコー
Level: 261

I've been a bit more active on Discord in a Japanese study server, and it's been nice helping people out directly. I'd love to hear about if anyone thinks renshuu would benefit from an official discord server so we could have an easier way for support and general Japanese questions.

3 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

I'm not so into Discord, but for general Japanese questions it's probably faster than the forums on renshuu. Plus, it allows for smoother interaction and active communication within the renshuu community. It's certainly not a bad idea. I guess Marcus would like it.^^

3 years ago
Report Content
Level: 29

I think that that would be a great way to improve our learning process and interaction with the members of Renshuu.org. It's better have one than having nothing (^_^). It may benefit the entire community and also me(=^_^=).

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'm not a discord expert, so I'll probably need some mod help in figuring out what channels to add, settings, all that stuff. We'll see if anyone is interested :)

3 years ago
Report Content
Level: 29

I'm not a discord expert, so I'll probably need some mod help in figuring out what channels to add, settings, all that stuff. We'll see if anyone is interested :)

Yeah, That's true. We also need to know how many of us are interested in being a server member. Renshuu members won't benefit from it if there is no interaction with anyone.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I think a fair number will come in if I start highlighting it on the entrance path for new users, but yea, critical mass is important.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The forums have typically been pretty quiet: the vast majority of users never post in here. I don't exactly want to give out specific numbers about site activity, but what I can say is that there has been significant growth since the Android app came out, and the iOS one is in beta testing at the moment! Compared to some of the "big" Japanese study sites out there, renshuu is a bit smaller :)

3 years ago
Report Content
カエル | kaeru
Level: 554

I'd enjoy an official discord server, especially if there was some sort of site integration. A Renshuu Pro exclusive channel (text, voice, or both) would also be great to add a bit of a filter to people who are really serious about studying Japanese. (In addition, I've had issues in the past where I've been part of Japanese learning servers but have ended up leaving/going inactive due to a complete lack of quality control. A Pro-only text/voice channel would help to maintain some of that without needing as much active moderation.)

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Well, it it comes to something, I'll have to largely rely on other users to help manage the server. I'm already on another server (it's fun to see what kind of questions new learners have, and I do enjoy teaching), and just the maintenance of that one seems pretty intense.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Me and another user are now looking for helpers to bootstrap a tiny renshuu server! Isn't public yet, but if you want to get in on the ground floor to craft the server!

Add me on discord and tell me who you are, I'll send an invite

マイコー#2800

3 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana