Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Display schedule name while studying.

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Bakadori
Level: 100

Or maybe not the schedule name but simply display that I'm seeing a kanji/word/grammar/sentence item.

Maybe it's a silly thing and maybe it's because I'm not fully used to the interface, but I sometimes get slightly confused while reviewing because I'm don't know if I'm supposed to answer with a kanji or a word... (admittedly I just clicked on Study XX Schedule, and I'm seeing other items of that type... but I might momentarily forget about that)

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Thanks for the feedback - let me think on that a bit! I have been (and will continue) to make a lot of smaller changes to the main pages used on the site - I am generally removing unnecessary information, but there are areas where I am adding small things to help clarify stuff. I cannot guarantee a quick update, but I will keep this in mind as I work on making renshuu easier to use!

3 years ago
Report Content
Bakadori

For what is worth, congratulations on putting this site together. Having all this information (kanji+words+grammar+sentences) weaved in together with learning tools, games and user input, and keep it streamlined and useful seems a titanic effort!

If I may comment a couple things more...

-When studying kanji I'd like to have the option (not on a per kanji basis, but a general setting) to see examples divided by reading, much like in the kanji dictionary itself (I know the dictionary is just one click away, yet...)

-When I look up a word in the dictionary, it shows links to sentences and grammar that use it, but the kanji link always reads 0? Is this only me, a bug or am I missing something? i.e. I search for り, click on the Kanji link and it tells me "Could not find any kanji with your search.", yet from that empty Kanji Dictionary I have working links to Words, Grammar and Sentences with り.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

With regards to the second, currently the kanji dictionary doesn't handle a kanji/kana mixed string. It'll search for kanji characters by themselves, or readings (かぎり), but not the kanji by itself.

That being said, it *should* do that, and this is a change I could implement rather quickly.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Done!

3 years ago
Report Content
Bakadori

That was fast! Thanks, works like a charm. But now I realise thee kanji dictionary only works when searching one kanji at a time. I think it would be useful to be able to look up at once kanji from words like , える, or . That might get the kanji dictionary a bit clogged, though.

While I'm on a roll, a filter I find useful for the words dictionary is the ability to search for beginning and ending of the word as well as exact. i.e. searching for れ as beginning would give れ, げる, え etc, searching as ending would give れ, れ, お輿れ etc.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

れ* = starts with れ. *れ would be the ending version.

Hope this helps!

3 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana