Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Hiragana flashcards- text is white-on-white, can't see it.

Top > renshuu.org > Android renshuu

SamG
Level: 4

Hello! I am new to Japanese learning and new to Renshuu. Found the app while browsing around. I have a little problem on the beginner flashcards.

Problem: When reading hiragana flashcards, the kana does not appear. I tilted my phone a bit and found that it's there, but it's white. Thus making it look like it's not there. I don't know if it's intentional, since the katakana appears just fine- in black. The 'how to draw' and 'write it' sections appear fine.

Also: once I click on 'how to draw' or 'write it', is there no way to get back to the front of the flashcard (with the picture of the monkey as below- in the case of さ) without going back to the home page and starting over?

Can someone help me out?

Android device: Samsung Galaxy M30s

Android version: Android 10

App version: 1.0.20210301

Thank you!

7apcj5f7f6fu2fhvasjrruniq.jpg

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

First, welcome!

Second, I'm so sorry about that issue, and I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. The coloring issue should be fixed. There was an error on the one spot of the page where the images were getting toggled over to dark mode images, even when (as you found out) a user was not in dark mode.

Now, to your second issue - currently, there is not a way to jump back to the initial picture. Sorry about that! I'm open to suggestions, though, as to where to put a link back to it.

Since this is one of the first pages that a new user hits, my goal is to keep it simple, so I am somewhat hesitant to add another button. I will think on it, though.

3 years ago
Report Content
SamG
Level: 4

It's been fixed, thanks! I appreciate your quick response :)

For the second point, it's alright, it's not much of an inconvenience I think. Perhaps when one presses the 'listen' button, the initial picture can be shown? It's not very necessary though, I just thought maybe the option is present and I don't know about it.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

Happy to help! I don't think the listen button would be the best match, but I have no doubt there is a good way to implement it. It just might take a bit of thinking on my part. I often have no idea how to present some idea in the system, and then inspiration (for lack of a better term) comes to me at a later time!

3 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Android renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana