Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Scrolling on Kanji lesson. study options popup

Top > renshuu.org > Android renshuu

ソフィア..
Level: 438

With the pro options (extra kanji study options) turned on, on my small phone screen the Kanji lesson study options don't work because the

options and buttons at the bottom of the window aren't visible. Please add scrolling so I can use these settings!

おつかれさま !

ph5pzhf7vpiuokbtqzj0wc0wm.png
3 years ago
Report Content
ソフィア..
Level: 438

It just occurred to me to try restarting the app, now it's working.

It might be related to the other popup scrolling issue we discussed, when adding a term to a lesson.

3 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1144

Maybe related, sometimes when I go to add a word to a schedule, the scrollbar in the schedules list popup is missing and I can't see the schedules at the bottom of the list. Resetting the app also fixes this issue. I didn't post anything about it before because I thought it was just my phone being stupid.

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

This is a known issue, although the information the two of you have given me is new, so this might be enough to fix it. Let me check!

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Hmm, ok. I was not able to replicate it yet. Here is what my suspicion is:

All popups share the same mechanism, although they have options for how the popup appears, where, alignment, etc.

Resetting the app (or loading and saving the settings) basically resets that mechanism to a fresh state.

My guess is that there is some action that you are doing (involving the popup) which is leaving something leftover, so when you try to open up, say, the kanji settings, the scrolling has been disabled.

Try and think about what popups you've used (my guess is that they are popups that fill the screen, although that's just a hunch), and try doing something after that action that has not scrolled for you.

3 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

I think I have found what's triggering the problem in my case, but I'm not sure it'll be easy to replicate. Basically, sometimes when I'm using the vocab dictionary, I try to click the plus sign and instead of opening a popup, the dictionary panel closes. I have an old scratched up phone and sometimes when I try to click on something something else gets clicked on instead, so I thought that was what was happening, but it looks like the scrolling only stops working after this occurs. After the dictionary panel closes on its own, if I reopen it and the search is still there, if I click the plus sign again the add to schedule panel that opens will not be scrollable. The problem goes away if the app refreshes or if the vocab dictionary goes back to its default state (by going to another page on the site, etc).

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for the information. I am trying to piece together how that might affect things, but I haven't noticed anything yet. I guess, in your case, the big question is what exactly could be closing the dictionary? Presumably, the dictionary on your phone is taking up the whole screen, so it's not that you are clicking outside of the dictionary to close it.

That would, to the best of my knowledge, mean that the only other thing that could be pressed is the dictionary button on the app. (or the x button in the dictionary box). I tried manually pressing those, but no dice.

Question: on your account, is the recent searches box appearing for you when the dictionary opens? (or have you turned it off)

Also, can you shoot over a screenshot of just before you would press the + button? I'd like to see if I can see anything else on your screen that you may be pushing when the touch panel glitches.

Also, do you know if you need to open the + menu initially in order to trigger it? In other words, did you see the + menu open before the dictionary closed?

3 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

I also tried triggering the glitch by manually closing the dictionary at varying times, but I could not replicate it either. I use renshuu's vocab dictionary to add new vocab to my schedules when I read every day, and it took almost a week for the scrolling glitch to happen again, so whatever is causing it seems to happen rarely.

The dictionary does take up the whole screen on my phone. I have recent searches disabled through the site, but like I mentioned in another thread, after updating some Android stuff I seem to be getting suggestions regardless, perhaps because of webview. I know the only time the dictionary closed on its own has been right after I pressed the plus menu button; although, it may also have been after I pressed the three dots menu button or the plus sign within that menu, I'm not sure (I'll keep an eye out for when it happens again). I don't see the menu popup, as soon as I click the button the dictionary closes. Here is a search screenshot:

rzdxbrfhj6t3xtkviow37tais.png
3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks. I get the feeling that it's going to be a 30-second fix when I eventually find this thing. Let me know if you notice anything else! There's a few other users with the same issue, so hopefully someone will notice something.

3 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Android renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana