Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Drawing

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Page: 1 of 9

Kyu-nei
Level: 32

Hi~ anything goes, right?

Does anyone here like drawing, or wish to share what they can do?

I'm constantly looking for fellow artists hehe and I do know how hard it is to get your skills out in the open as I am currently suffering with such problems... So if anyone draws, it would be nice to talk about it!

I don't know much Kanji and can barely read kana but I can vaguely understand romaji >_< hehe

I do need some place to practice basic conversation, even if on your side it seems like you are talking to a language-mangling monkey (me)

Thanks and hi

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

We *just* opened up a renshuu discord: https://www.renshuu.org/forums... <-- link is in there.

The forums are never quite that active (relative to the number of users on renshuu), so you might find a better reception in there!

3 years ago
Report Content
Kyu-nei

Thank you!

Unfortunately I can't use discord lololol but thanks anyway!

3 years ago
Report Content
カメリア(椿)
Level: 920

こんにちはみなさん!- Hello Everyone!

I'm also an art person, which means that I draw a lot. Recently, I started using sketchbooks, and I like how all those drawings are stored in a single thing! I also started using layers in digital art which make coloring soooooooo much easier.

I stuck around Renshuu since VERY early 2020, and I'm still new around here. I recommend using Renshuu alongside a Japanese workbook. Genki is pretty good.

I'm excited to talk to people. See ya soon!

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Hello!

If you happen to *cough* draw any kao-chan *cough* I'd absolutely love to see it!

3 years ago
Report Content
カメリア(椿)

I made some Kao Chan! They are seasonal and I like them. I hope you like them too!

This post may be super long so you may need to scroll down to see them all.

ox7grnqzn2mvhfvshuun0qdir.pngz2ojf3qw4ph0njegsuhf6w24i.pngdtztdhr6wjcrymkvwj6xtrorf.pngu6asfzqe27dcftdqcfdhui66f.png
3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The second one is my favorite! Excellent work!

3 years ago
Report Content
カメリア(椿)

Awwww! Thank you very much!

I like the 2nd one too! I was searching for summer hats when I saw a frog one and that's when I knew I had to do it >u<

Kao Chan is a simple character, but can do so many things :)

3 years ago
Report Content
Kyu-nei

They're so cute☆ ~('▽^)

I like them all~

Maybe you could try making cat kao-chan?

(✧ω✧)

As for me, I draw traditionally and everything I make is usually a mess T_T if anyone has any tips on how to avoid graphite smudges, I'd be eternally grateful!

3 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

Use a harder lead, they smudge less. If you have to put your hand over something that's already drawn, you can put a sheet of paper underneath to avoid smudging.

3 years ago
Report Content
Kyu-nei

(*°▽°*) thanks!

I'll see where I can get a harder lead...gotta scrounge!

As for the piece of paper though...I'm so messy I'd probably accidentally tear it and smudge the drawing anyway T_T but thanks!!

3 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

For me, a lot of smudging happens when I erase larger areas. So don't forget to blow or brush (with an actual dry brush) away those dirty rubber bits inbetween.

3 years ago
Report Content
Kyu-nei

oAo

thanks, I won't!

I usually don't do that hehehe, so this tip is probably going to save me later~

So what kind of things do you draw? I'd like to know! >u<

3 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

this and that. (~_^) doodles mostly, flowers and animals. I draw with pencil or coloured pencil, and paint with watercolours, acrylics or sometimes digitally. But these days I don't have a lot of time (and leisure) to draw anything.

3 years ago
Report Content
Kyu-nei

That's so cool! Hopefully you can post a pic of one of your doodles~!

Yeah...sometimes it is hard to find the time...

3 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

What do you draw?
Are you gonna share your pics?

3 years ago
Report Content
Kyu-nei

If you want~! Maybe you can give me your opinion and tell me if anything looks weird!

Thanks~!

I finished this one yesterday hehe

vxwsv8hh5mbq080bih23tvkwn.png
3 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Nicely done.
I totally suck at drawing ppl. I never get the proportions right. -_-,
Did you get a bit impatient on the grey background? ;) You used a marker for the black areas, I suppose. Have you ever tried colouring your pics?

3 years ago
Report Content
Kyu-nei

I don't color hehe

I'm partially blind to greens and reds, so I tend to avoid doing so...As for the marker, it is currently running out of ink so yeah...it looks weird lol

And the pencil...It's obvious I'm impatient lololol

My style is like the ones in manga (monochrome, that is) due to my terrible perception of color~

I actually upload all of my drawings to my youtube channel hehe so I gotta be active and draw a lot...Sometimes, though...The artist's block is merciless and unescapable

But then again yolo if I'm on artist's block I'll just go do whatever else until it resolves itself. It's the best way for me to deal with it because I am a firm partidary against forcing myself to draw if I'm not feeling it~

3 years ago
Report Content
カメリア(椿)

That drawing looks amazing Ferid! :D

3 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 9

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana