French
Dutch
Slovenic
Swedish
Spanish
Hungary
Portuguese

Indonesian

*If the language you'd like to translate to is not here, please see the FAQ below.*

How much translation is in the interface?

Renshuu is BIG. There are currently over 4,500 different strings of text in the system!

About 1,000 of them are less than 10 characters (one or two words)

Another 1,900 of them are less than 30 characters (one phrase/sentence)

How does the translation system work?

Strings are divided into categories (example: dashboard, menu, new terms in quiz, quizzing, achievements, etc.)

For a string, there are three different things you can do:

1. Write a translation into your language.

2. Check (Verify) someone else's translation.

3. Make a change to someone else's translation.

It's easy! There are no requirements on how much you have to do. You can jump from category to category if you'd like.

Questions

Q: I've read all of this, and I want to help translate:

A: Great! Tap the little message icon next to マイコー's name, and send him a message stating that a)you've read the above, and b)which language you'd like to translate. You'll be given access to the translation page after that.

Q: A bunch of my language has been translated and verified, why can't I see it on renshuu yet?

A: A language will become available for testing after 5% of it has been translated and verified.

Q: What happens if a language is not fully translated, but I choose to use that language in renshuu?

A: If something is not yet translated, the original English will appear.

Q: I have a question about the meaning of the English string, what should I do?

A: Please send マイコー a question, or reply to this thread.

Q: My language is not listed above, but I still want to translate!

A: We'd love to have you help, but before doing so, we want to make sure something is clear. renshuu has definitions for all words in English, and MANY words in German, French, Dutch, Slovenic, Swedish, Spanish, and Hungary. It does not have definitions for other languages (yet). So, for example, if you translate the interface to Italian, the user would still have English definitions for words and kanjis.

If you *still* think it would benefit other speakers of your language to have the interface in your language, then please send me a message, and I will set it up to handle your language.

Q: Who owns the translations?

All translations are done on a volunteer basis, and are given to renshuu. However, all verified translations will be made available to all users (who choose that language). No translations done will EVER be limited or restricted in any way (for example, to renshuu pro users only).

3 years ago
Report Content
フキトウ
Level: 76

I wonder which word will be better for schedule in Spanish. This is because 'horario' is not a word I want to see in a nice app like renshuu.

Since I can't get why did you choose the schedule word, would you tell us why? おねがいします!😀

I hope with that tale I could get a nice word.

3 years ago
Report Content
ライア
Level: 49

Podría usarse un sinónimo como : agenda de estudio, programa, plan, etc.

3 years ago
Report Content
フキトウ
Level: 76

Podría usarse un sinónimo como : agenda de estudio, programa, plan, etc.

Esto me dió varias ideas

Plan de estudios me parece que se entendería y suena prometedor, además que concuerda con la versatilidad de renshuu, porque cada quien planea como va a estudiar cada cosa.

¿qué dices?

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 260

You could also call it something like "deck", which is commonly used in other SRS programs. I originally called it that because it schedules when you study/review things :)

3 years ago
Report Content
ライア

I think that "plan de estudio" describes pretty well that section. (^_^)

It's very similar to study plan.

3 years ago
Report Content
Arissu
Level: 4

I'm mexican, i can help with Spanish(^_^), I would like to help.

3 years ago
Report Content
bubblecyan
Level: 2

Hi♡! I'm from Indonesia. I would love to help by translating it into Bahasa Indonesia(=^_^=)

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Just sent you a DM!

3 years ago
Report Content
Level:

Hi! I would like to help with spanish traslation. I'm Argentinian.

The app is awesome! *(^O^)*

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks! Sent you a DM!

3 years ago
Report Content
Level:

Thanks! Sent you a DM!

Thank you for the opportunity!!

3 years ago
Report Content
Li~
Level: 108

Hello! i would like to translate (I'm from Mexico)

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Send you a DM!

3 years ago
Report Content
ラティフ

Hi! I'm from Indonesia. I would love to help by translating it into Bahasa Indonesia :)

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sending you a DM with info on it now!

2 years ago
Report Content
きくひこ
Level: 24

Hello, is there a possibility to translate bits by bits, slowly in free time? If yes, I could try translating at least the interface to Polish.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

We currently do not have Polish for either the dictionary or the interface. What that means is that if you were to work on the interface translation (which is much bigger than most people think - there are several thousand words/lines of text), it would be a Polish interface, but all the questions would use English.

You can work bit-by-bit, but no language is made available for other users to choose until there is a significant amount translated.

If you are still interested, let me know!

1 year ago
Report Content
きくひこ
Level: 24

I can try, maybe in the future someone picks it up and will have a little less to do :)

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks! Can you tap the mail icon next to my name and send me a private message with the language you'd like to help with?

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 3

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana