Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - How many active members are there?

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

matt_マット
Level: 67

Is anybody out there?!

I've been really enjoying renshuu. I just wish the forums were more active.

I feel so alone!

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

You and me both! There are are a lot of people using renshuu, but the forums have (for many years) always been extremely quiet - you see much more activity in the community activities, and on renshuu's discord.

2 years ago
Report Content
ねつと
Level: 69

Hi, new one here and been wondering the same thing! It's probably because of Reddit and Discord being out there and people tending to have short talks without waiting. Like, on discord you normally don't type more than a sentence and usually get an answer immediately. On forums you post longer texts and well, young people have a short attention spam so there's high possibility than seeing more than two sentences can make them go away before they even read ( ゚Д゚)

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

It might also be that I haven't visually updated the forums in ..many years. It might be that a different UI might make it more conducive to discussions.

I am also planning a bit more of a focus on "community" in my development of renshuu in 2022. I have *zero* desire or interest in making it "social network"y, but I think a bit more effort to get things going where people can learn together would be nice.

One thing that is 100% planned is being able to open up shiritori games with your friends.

2 years ago
Report Content
matt_マット
Level: 67

Post count may help too. Although I do like the count. It shows post quality rate.

2 years ago
Report Content
ジェン~1984
Level: 525

I really like the shitori idea, though I would suggest not making it for friends, given the timediff over the world as well as level diff. But more like PtP with anyone who happens to be online too.

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Well, I don't want to just let anyone make rounds that are available to everyone - the number of rounds would get too high. I will have to see what the response is after I make it, but I have considered trying to figure out how to let you do something like set a timezone, and then it'll either toss you into one already made or make a new one. The big thing in cases like that (where it is not limited to friends) is figuring out what a good number of players is - I think many people would like ones that actually are slower because they'd have a better chance of getting simpler words out.

It'll be a work in progress, and as you know, I'll continue to adjust it until we reach a good solution!

2 years ago
Report Content
ジェン~1984

I'm sorry. I just realised you where talking about the word quizz with one atached after another. I was thinking of shiritori cats, but than Renshuu members instead of cats. My bet.

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Heh, yea, that would be tricky! Although if I ever have a few hundred free hours of time, I'd love to make a standalone shiritori app

2 years ago
Report Content
ジェン~1984

I know it's kind of personal to say. But tbh, if you ever have a few hundred free hours of time I think you have every right to leave them free.

2 years ago
Report Content
Level:

There are a lot of active users here, including me!

2 years ago
Report Content
カメリア(椿)
Level: 919

Hi, Renshuu forum user here:

From my experience, the anything goes and bugs/problems thread become the most active. Feel free to go anywhere around here.

I would recommend looking at some other forums post and bringing activity there. For example, I personally go active on the Drawings thread, I found some pretty neat people there ;)

Hope this helps!

2 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana