Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - sound cues for right / wrong answers

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

くすりさん
Level: 90

hey,
my suggestion would be to implement "sound cues" - short & simple audio sounds who indicate if you answered a question right or wrong. if you answer a question correct, it makes a "positive" sound, if false a "negative". this feature is something that could help for sure to learn better and to make renshuu feel more "alive".

i'm used to duolingo and other language learning apps and they all have such sound cues and it really feels rewarding when you hear them for some reason.. and if they are missing, it feels like something is missing and wrong. our brain seems to also respond to such cues in a positive way so learning is easier.

i started only recently using renshuu.. and the fact that this sounds are missing feels somehow like there is something "wrong". like it would be a bug or issue with my browser. that is what i thought at first, till i saw that there is just no audio cue for this cases implemented and audio otherwise works fine (TTS / reading text loud in general).

so.. my recommendation / request would be.. could you implement audio cues for indication of answers like other websites and apps do it? it wouldn't be a lot of work from the coding aspect.. but would help for sure a lot to make people feel more home here at renshuu :)

2 years ago
Report Content

I know that if Michael decides to implement this he will make it configurable, so I am not worried about it disrupting my routine, but here’s an idea: if you are going to make it configurable anyway, why not go the extra mile and let people choose their own sounds?

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

I personally really do not like sounds like that, but I do understand that others enjoy them.

Here's what I can say - it won't be in the next 4-6 weeks, but I'm working on a re...do (for lack of a better term) of the quiz settings. Make them more accessible from inside the quizzing. Because if I add sounds, it'll definitely be opt-in, but if its buried inside of the main settings panel, no one will ever see it.

So, I will definitely consider adding this when I get to that stage of development.

That being said, I'll definitely take suggestions for what sounds to do (open-source, copyright-free sources)!

2 years ago
Report Content
くすりさん
Level: 90

thanks a lot :)!

at first i expected to find a setting for audio where i can configurate it, since i consider this the best way to implement such a thing.. so i was disappointed that i couldn't find anything in the settings about sounds. so thanks for considering adding it :)!

2 years ago
Report Content

Michael, if you are reworking the settings anyway, please try to find a more accessible place for the day/night mode toggle. I’m constantly switching back and forth, and am always afraid that I am going to accidentally switch some other settings when I do.

Thanks

Oh, by the way, my ideal sounds would be a cute (but not overly cute) voice saying things like すごい、ピンポン、えらい、です、やった or 、またれ etc.

2 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana