Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Anti-Flood Protection

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Site admin
Level: 123, : 6,928

This feature will be available shortly in the Experimental panel.

In short, when activated, this will run anytime new vectors are added to a schedule.

Example:

Vocabulary schedule in good health (400 terms, all studied)

Vectors: kanji>kana and meaning > kana

**Now, if you add a new vector (for example, kana > kanji), you will most likely have upwards of 400 terms "ready to study" all at once.

With this feature, that number is spread out over 21 days (including the current day). So, (in this example), you'd get an average of 20 terms for the new vector each day.

Let me know if you have any questions! I intend to make this on by default (if not permanently on) in the future.

6 months ago
Level: 372, : 1,825

This is a great idea! Definitely will make it much easier and less daunting to test out new study vectors.

Two questions:

1. After finishing studying all of the "Ready to study" terms for the day, is it possible to continue studying the terms that are waiting to be introduced later, or does the site consider them completely unavailable for study until the date they're supposed to show up?

2. Does changing the mastery level (like with the Japanese index) of the terms that are being reserved for later have any effect on when they become available to study?
6 months ago
Site admin

1. No - the entire mastery system is pretty baked into renshuu, so there's not really a way to say "hey, the date is Y, but it was originally X, so let's bring it back".

2. Adjusting mastery always resets the time to one in line with that mastery level, so yes, it would affect it/them.

6 months ago
Site admin

Two updates:

1. The "spreading" only occurs for terms that (for the affected vectors) are a)ready to study and b)at 0% mastery

2. The range of spreading is now between 20 and 100 days, depending on the size of your schedule. It tops out at 100, but it aims to add no more than 25 (on average) terms for study each day.

6 months ago
Studying: Post N1
Level: 116, : 70

Sounds awesome, I have over 10k terms in my main schedule, the idea of turning on a new vector permanently was terrifying. If it's spread over 100 days, it should work out.

6 months ago
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana