Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Shiritori Dictionary Link

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

エルーシ
Level: 12

Something that I've come to notice lately in playing some private shiritori games with my friend is that, and especially when it comes to Kanji shiritori, it's hard sometimes to know a word or grasp it's meaning. In the case of kana shiritori sometimes when words are played the definition gets cut off and I have to look for the word myself in the in-app dictionary or the other one I have on my phone. Comparatively with Kanji shiritori, while I may know a word I do not know another word starting with the previous kanji or simply don't know the word at all. I think in both cases it would be nice to select a word in the shiritori game and be able to immediately access or be linked to the word in either the in-app dictionary or a browser dictionary to help learn more unfamiliar words without having to leave the app ideally. This is just a thought and if someone else has suggested please remove this post, but after playing games the last few days I think this could be a solid improvement in the long run.

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 260

First off, I'm glad you're enjoying the private games!

I definitely think there could be some improvement there! So, just to be sure, if you are on the main shiritori page (and not the quick shiritori), you can tap on any of the definitions that are cut off to view the full one.

By chance, are you saying that in addition to that, it would also be nice for the kanji rounds to have the reading of the kanji in there as well? I just wrote that in, and it'll be added to renshuu tomorrow!

2 years ago
Report Content

Isn’t that cheating, though?

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 260

What, the hiragana inside of the box?

2 years ago
Report Content
エルーシ
Level: 12

First off, I'm glad you're enjoying the private games!

I definitely think there could be some improvement there! So, just to be sure, if you are on the main shiritori page (and not the quick shiritori), you can tap on any of the definitions that are cut off to view the full one.

By chance, are you saying that in addition to that, it would also be nice for the kanji rounds to have the reading of the kanji in there as well? I just wrote that in, and it'll be added to renshuu tomorrow!

ffe1ed2d1c19dc5ef64f5c164eede8f0f173b4af8a69bd6f.png

I see, I didn't know I could click on the definitions to see the full thing but that's very good to know. As far as the Kanji shiritori goes, yes I think my point was not entirely clear but being able to read the reading of the word I think is fantastic. Thank you for responding and I look forward to using renshuu more!

2 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana