Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [FUTURE FEATURE] - Kao garden requests

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 1 of 14

マイコー
Level: 256

We are gathering ideas for Kao's Garden, the next motivational tool to help you with learning!

What is it? Kao's garden will be a garden (+yard) as well as indoor room(s) that you can decorate and customize on renshuu. Get points by learning, and use those points to buy stuff!

We are currently taking suggestions for items or things you'd like to see in the shop for purchase with your study points.

Please post any reference pictures if it's not a common item or thing

2 years ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1180

A 鹿し/ししおどし would be cool.

1ed6e22cd8f5f03d15a600a3cacfb7f88bb14d6da7f56a92.gif
2 years ago
Report Content
カメリア(椿)
Level: 920

Gonna pitch a cent here because I ADORE this idea! :D

(Maybe will pitch another cent later)

Things like these would be cool:

Basics of Japanese Niwaki - Bonsai Tree Gardener

2 years ago
Report Content
カメリア(椿)

Well, it looks like posting has troubles right now, I will have to post the pictures separately

Sorry for the confusion

kao_sorry.pngSakura tree in Japan. Blooming cherry blossom flower in the garden on  Spring. - License, download or print for £12.40 | Photos | Picfair

(Putting multiple images in a post results in the first one showing ;-;)

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I believe the images don’t fight with one another if there is text in between.

2 years ago
Report Content
カメリア(椿)

Oh, that is good to know XD

2 years ago
Report Content
1739d6ffd5967c99f84749f21607ad0e9c2b77082b096014.jpg

This is a terrible picture, for which I apologize, but it features a few things that I consider essential in a garden.

1. Monkey
  2. Persimmon tree
  3. Traditional rain gutters (and tiled roofs, not pictured)
  4. Mountain pine
  5. Stone wall
2 years ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 856

This is a lovely idea! When study points are implemented, will they be basically the same thing as the bonus points that unlock new Kao coins, or a whole new system? I have an awful lot of points accumulated already.

As for object suggestions, I think it would be cute to have a frog pond (for our frog friends to visit) or a cat tree / scratching post (for Kao's cat friends to visit).

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Kao coins will stay isolated. Kao coins are very limited in scope - you get one per quiz, and cannot get them outside of the quizzing environment.

This is mainly a replacement (plus expansion) of the hanko system - which tracks activity across all of renshuu. So you'll be able to get the points to this system through just about everything you do here - I don't want to force people into specific ways of using renshuu.

My current idea is to have something like daily/weekly/longer achievements (that you can customize somewhat) that encourage good and varied study habits.

If anything, it will encroach somewhat on the daily challenges, but much more varied and extensive.

So (and this is just for the sake of the conversation), your daily achievements may be:

study 10 items (5 points)

do one quiz (2 points)

learn 2 new things (5 points)

play 1 game on renshuu (1 point)

get 5 questions correct (3 points)

weekly might be:

study 4 times this week

learn 20 new things

etc.

and then "permanent" ones would be not tied to any specific time period

learn xx words (first one is 10, next is 25, next is 50, 100, etc...just like the current achievements)

A bit later down the line, I want to let users "build" their own goals as well, as I often see on the discord that people have very personal goals that work for their lifestyle, limitations, etc.

2 years ago
Report Content
ミヌイールー
Level: 131

Sakura is cool, and reminds me a ton of Japan. So really any Sakura tree would be nice. Or even a Sakura bonsai? (Idk that’s kinda out there) Maybe wisteria? (I enjoy pastel plants…) I like the idea of a stone pathway and some sort of water or bamboo. Those are both calming.

kao_sparkle.png

or maybe somewhere for kao-Chan to sit. Like a fancy chair or hammock. Also not sure if you’re planning on making this is a garden for plants or a garden for lounging and reading haiku.

… maybe ふうりん… the wind chime things like this.

3309.jpg

2 years ago
Report Content

You can have all the plants from hanafuda (). Pine, plum, sakura, wisteria, iris, peony, clover, susuki, chrysanthemum, maple, willow and paulownia.

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Garden is a bit of a misnomer. Will be outside (in front of the house), with plenty of space for non-garden stuff. Will eventually have indoor rooms as well.

Should have some veeeery basic screenshots soon!

2 years ago
Report Content
カメリア(椿)

We can have kitchen like these!

8fdb82e1392b4e08126130481703d3a9cf8d1645e6dc42fe.jpg

Maybe some others similar too

986a243ce9ca3e820612884501af0d9cd0cc34fa20b954e9.jpg
2 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

I definitely want a wisteria

hydrangeas would be nice as well

and maybe one of those arched bridges, be it stone or the traditional red wood

Maybe a bosai type pine, doesn't necessarily need to be potted. I'd rather like it to tie in with the rock gardens.

1 year ago
Report Content
Karlla

I have a question. If the pansy will be yellow when in full bloom, why are the buds blue?

1 year ago
Report Content
TansuiNingyo
Level: 470
I have a question. If the pansy will be yellow when in full bloom, why are the buds blue?

I think they come in different colors, so yours might be blue.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

I cannot recall the pansy colors exactly, but there *are* flowers with multiple paths that are randomly chosen. I know that pansies have these paths, I just cannot remember if they are colors or not (but I believe that is the case).

1 year ago
Report Content
Karlla

Interesting. I was asking for blue pansies a little while ago, cause I thought all flowers will eventually look like what's seen in the shop. So flowers that don't come with a colour variant in the shop have such a random path?

yesterday, half open, my pansy was still blue and yellow. Today, fully bloomed, it is pink and white. How weird.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Some flowers are single path, some are multi, but it's not a guaranteed "if there is no color selection, then it could come out in multiple colors".

1 year ago
Report Content
Rilatori
Level: 204

Hi

First of all I'd like to say I absolutely love kao garden and was super excited to see the new items!

what I'd like to have maybe in the future would be a barbecue and maybe chickens (obviously the chickens are not for the barbecue )

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 14

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana