Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Kanji Quiz Bug

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Vella07
Level: 586

So today I confirmed something which I thought had happened before.

When learning new Kanji there are sometimes Kanji I've already know a little from reading, so I push the "a bit" button. That kanji disappears and is replaced with a "new kanji" to learn, perfect. However when I start the quiz, the "a bit" Kanji is in the quiz and the "new kanji" is no where to be seen.

Today it happened with and , with = "a bit".

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

Hmm - that definitely should not be happening. Does it seem to be consistently happening, or just sometimes? Have you only noticed it for kanji, or other material types as well?

2 years ago
Report Content
Vella07

Well unfortunately as I'm reaching a point in my studies where the kanji left to study is more obscure, I'm not often using the feature. However I feel like it's inconsistent otherwise I would have noticed sooner.

Also currently as I have a backlog of vocab reviews, I'm not taking on any new vocabulary so I couldn't say. Maybe someone else has noticed? Anyway I will keep an eye out if it happens again. I have around 250 kanji left to study so something I already know should pop up. Should I flag the quiz if it happens?

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

That's a good problem to have! *laughs*

I will go ahead and try to replicate it myself, but I wanted to first check with you re: info. Do you mind telling me which schedule you were doing this on, so I can duplicate it (in case it has to do with specifics about the schedule itself).

2 years ago
Report Content
Vella07

Hahah kao_worry.png

The schedule is called "ES/JHS Kanji". It just contains the Renshuu Joyo kanji lessons with a few extras I put in.

2 years ago
Report Content
Vella07

Definitely inconsistent, quiz I just did worked fine, despite using the "a bit" feature.

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks - I'll keep an eye on it!

2 years ago
Report Content
Vella07

So I've actually had a few words come up that I've marked as known and the quizzes have been fine.... My only thought is it may be if it's two words in a row, as in I know the replacement word and hit "a bit" again. However this is hard for me to check as it rarely happens....

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'll keep that information in my head - it may help if this issue comes up with someone else.

2 years ago
Report Content
Vella07

Hey, so it happened again today and it was when I clicked two known kanji in a row.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

I am so sorry - I should have mentioned this up at the top: you'll need to submit an in-quiz report (tap the ? button, then quiz report). Specifically, in that report, I'll need to know

a) which kanji you clicked as known

b) which kanji appeared in its place

c) which kanji you didn't see introduced, but appeared in the quiz.

Again, I'm sorry about not clarifying this earlier!

1 year ago
Report Content
Vella07

Sure thing, I did look to submit a report but I couldn't find the error button as its location has changed. Will keep this is mind, I write out the kanji each time so shouldn't be too hard to trace. However I only have 100-200 Kanji left that I want to study so it may not happen again...

Anyways will let you know if I experience it again. Surprised no one else has noticed this though!

1 year ago
Report Content
Vella07

Reports submitted, there were two Kanji I marked as known and , and the missing kanji was .

This time the known kanji weren't in a row they were separate. So it seems to be when you mark 2 or more kanji as known it doesn't register.

1 year ago
Report Content
Vella07

Same again today, quiz report submitted, known kanji were and . The Kanji that did not appear was . Both today and yesterday the final Kanji out of the new Kanji I'm learning was omitted.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for the info - will look into it when I get a chance to process those logs!

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Before I dig any deeper, I made a change that might fix it. Please let me know if you see it happen again. I had another user come up with the same issue, and I believe I found what is causing it. Do you have "introduce in random order" turned on for the affected schedule?

1 year ago
Report Content
Vella07

Hey! Ahh I see, I do indeed have "introduce in a random order turned on". I've seen your email too so hopefully your changes that should have fixed it. I'll let you know if it happens again. As always, thanks for the help!

1 year ago
Report Content
Vella07

Unfortunately the fix hasn't seemed to have worked. I have submitted the reports. The known Kanji were and . The Kanji that didn't appear was . There was a change however, instead of the last of the "new kanji" not appearing in the quiz, I believe it was actually one of the replacements for the known Kanji.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for the feedback. I've found the cause, and I a put in a fix that I am hoping (fingers crossed) that it'll work! Do let me know.

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana