Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Color of plus sign hard to distinguish

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

I don’t know if it’s late onset colorblindness or what, but I find it extremely difficult in certain lighting conditions to distinguish in vocabulary listings the green plus sign (already added) from the gray plus sign (not yet added). Dark mode helps, (I am using the iPhone app), but I think changing the shape in addition to the color would be more user friendly.

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

I am slowly making changes to colors to better accommodate color-blindness, etc. So I'm glad to hear about another spot for improvement.

I do not think, as you said, that just a color change could be sufficient. I am not sure yet what icon change, though, would sufficiently work. renshuu uses fontawesome's 5.x icon series, and the unfortunately do not have a plus outline, which would be an awesome way to do it.

I will think on it, though.

2 years ago
Report Content
58d66a757f33395f084c47bde8922d36e65aa6091cdc56d9.png

I see two icons called plus-square that might do the trick. Not sure how that works with both having the same name, though.

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

It's the same name, but each icon has 3-4 variants. For the plus by itself, it's a thickness change, but with that one, if it "solid" or "thin".

Worth considering, although I probably won't be making an immediate change.

2 years ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 878

+1-ing this!

I often use Renshuu on an e-reader, so everything's in greyscale and the green plus ends up being a very similar tone to the grey one. Having them slightly different shapes or with more pronounced dark/light contrast would really help.

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

e-reader!!

I've already made a few changes (probably not in areas you are using) to accompany colors with other visual cues, but it is definitely a work in progress.

2 years ago
Report Content

I tried the experimental “color-blind” setting tonight, and I really like it. The blue is so much easier for me to read than the green. I was enjoying the experience so much I almost didn’t notice how many mistakes I was making.kao_dance.png

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana