Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - New vocab in quiz aren't the same as new vocab in intro

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

gillianfaith
Level: 855

For the past while I've been having new vocab terms appear in quizzes for the first time without appearing on the quiz intro page beforehand, without the terms that were on the intro page being in the quiz.

e.g. I just ran a schedule where and were introduced before the quiz, but ペンダント and were the new terms I was quizzed on instead.

It doesn't happen in every quiz or in a single schedule specifically. My best guess is that it has something to do with dismissing terms in the intro as already being known, as I noticed the issue after I started doing that more often, but I haven't had the opportunity to test if doing that reliably repoduces it.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

I have had another person report this error with new kanji coming in, so it is most likely related. I have not yet have a chance to do a deep dive in order to figure out where the issue is coming up, but I expect to do so this week.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

The only thing I can think of that you can keep in mind when possibly looking for a cause is how many many terms you mark as known for any given quiz.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Follow-up question: which schedule(s) are you having this happen for, and do they (all) have "introduce new terms in random order" turned on? That might be the cause of the issue.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry for the wave of messages! Before I dig any deeper, I made a change that might fix it. Please let me know if you see it happen again.

1 year ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 855

I still encountered it in 2 schedules today, but only in quizzes where I marked terms known on the intro page beforehand. "Introduce terms in random order" was turned on in the schedule settings for both.

First quiz, I only dismissed 1 term out of 2 (I currently have max 2 new terms per quiz). The term that was supposed to be replacing the dismissed term didn't appear in the quiz, but the term from the other flashcard still did.

Second quiz, I dismissed 4 terms in a row on the first flashcard and didn't touch the second one. Neither of the terms in the intro page were in the quiz.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for the feedback. I've found the cause, and I a put in a fix that I am hoping (fingers crossed) that it'll work! Do let me know.

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana