Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Integrate with NHK Easy News

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

NHK Easy News posts news articles daily in intermediate Japanese with furigana and definitions and a dictation. There are plenty of apps in the play store that scrape this and package this into an app already, but I would love for it to be integrated into Renshuu.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/easy/

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

It's something that I can definitely consider in the future. Let me ask: how would you expect the information to be presented, given the quizzing system that renshuu already has?

1 year ago
Report Content
8a96c4fd5e4800cc94965e21212afdb5ca81a8930f70ac7a.jpg

Thanks for considering it. I envisioned being able to select the words to get this popup and the functions it provides:

- add to study list

- see accent pitch

- mark as known

- view in dictionary

Icing on the cake would be showing furigana only on unknown words.

1 year ago
Report Content

I just noticed the may update and the text analyzer. I copied some text from easy news and this is just what I was after! The only improvement I can think of would be to pre-download the articles and analyze them so they are available immediately right from Renshuu with no need to copy and paste.

thanks for all the great features.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

If you're willing to do a bit of legwork, you can see if the Easy News stuff has any kind of api (way to access the raw data, instead of scraping the data off of the site).

1 year ago
Report Content

Not quite what you asked for, but maybe the next best thing.

github.com/nhk-news-web-easy/nhk-easy-api

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind if I'm able to move forward with this project.

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana