Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Kao Garden - Discussion

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Experimental features

Site admin
Level: 110, : 6,631

This is currently in a private beta. If you want to check it out, please DM me.

Please use this thread to discuss the state of Kao Garden. Can include requests, opinion, etc.

In particular, I'd love feedback on the following:

1. Other items you'd like to see outside (we have a big list, but we'd still love more!)

2. Anything you feel is sized incorrectly relative to other things you can place

3. Desired functionality to be added

1 month ago
Level: 215, : 53
bc76d1646fc8cce90a664e2adf60f5348b9ba8ced3823c53.png

One thing i would see is the spawn default position. I have the bamboo thing / onsen there and sometimes I have to move the bamboo thing so that the smaller items like the onigiri can be moved. Is there a good workaround?

1 month ago
Site admin

I will probably make it start at the center and kind of "gravitate" out to try and find an empty spot.

1 month ago
Level: 34, : 9

This is how Kao Garden looks on an Android device in Portrait and Landscape modes (OS: MIUI 12.5 Enhanced).

I don't know if it is displayed properly, so I decided to show you for discussion purposes.

Link

1 month ago (Edited 1 month ago.)
Site admin

That's generally how it will look, although because it's still in beta, not everything is perfectly set up.

For portrait, that's the idea I have - it should fit top to bottom on most devices (might have to think about what to do for the smallest ones), and you can pan left to right.

For landscape - horizontally it looks fine, although it might be necessary to create a similar setup, where you can scroll/pan up and down.

For larger tablets and desktops, there should be no panning needed in either direction.

I'm open to thoughts about this, but I feel like there needs to be panning in at least one direction on smaller devices (smartphones).

1 month ago
Level: 34, : 9

Well, I personally got used to panning and scrolling pretty fast.

I think that portrait mode is fine the way it is now.

For landscape, I would align the Garden's window to the center, otherwise it's also pretty decent. I wonder if creating the same panning setup as in portrait mode but for up-down direction will make the page look somehow neater? Probably so.

1 month ago
Site admin

Oh yes, will definitely align it, once I get the rest of the content on there.

1 month ago
Years Studied:
Level: 142, : 12

okay this is a very stupid nag but, the sun flowers are so tiny, I kept pressing the grow button after they were done cause I though they'd be big like real sun flower very strange to see a tulip and sun flower being the same height kao_worry.png

1 month ago
Site admin

Not naggy at all. We're definitely still working on relative sizing, so input like this is super important.

1 month ago
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Experimental features

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana