Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Grammar

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Level:

Hello I can't really get on with the grammar, everything else I understand well (kanji, vocabulary) Do you have any tips?

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

Where are you at, grammar wise? What do you feel comfortable doing (or not doing), grammar-wise? That might help us in giving you tips!

1 year ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1195

All sentences usually boil down to who did what. [subject] [does verb] e.g. He ate.

So start there, whether reading or writing.

After that you can step by step add on the details of where it happened (location), when it happened (time), to whom did it happen (object).

Those nouns usually are [some details describing the noun]+[noun]. e.g. yellow banana.

At first, ignore the details describing the nouns, until you have the basic structure of the sentence.

e.g. He ate in the kitchen. He ate in the kitchen at noon. He ate the banana in the kitchen at noon.

Then worry about the details.

e.g. He ate the yellow banana in the dirty kitchen at noon.

An additional tip, that I don't personally use, but many say works for them is they read a Japanese sentence from the back to the front (It basically facilitates this process).

1 year ago
Report Content
Level:

Where are you at, grammar wise? What do you feel comfortable doing (or not doing), grammar-wise? That might help us in giving you tips!

I don't feel so comfortable with the particles で と の が を へ に or with から まで より

1 year ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1195

I'd recommend checking out the video at this link (the voice is odd, but the content is good): Cure Dolly on particles

1 year ago
Report Content
Level:

I'd recommend checking out the video at this link (the voice is odd, but the content is good): Cure Dolly on particles

Thank you very much:)

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana