Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Learnin japanese?

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese

Yumi nakamoto
Level: 2

Hi iam new here! Plz tell how long do you think that it takes to learn japanese? n_n

1 year ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1200

Here's a graphic:

How-Long-does-it-take-to-Pass-JLPT.png
1 year ago
Report Content
からちゃん
Level: 36

To Be able to have a really basic conversation maybe 3 months and to be fluent at least 5 years (if you don't know chinese)

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Honestly, though, while these can be helpful, don't worry if you are "behind" the average times. I have seen people ALL OVER in terms of speed and progression - it took me years to get basic conversations down, but I saw people become REALLY good in just 12 months. It's a mix of motivation, language ability, time, stress levels, and a hundred other things.

We're all running the same race, and all that matters is that you finish it, not which place you come in.

1 year ago
Report Content
Cocowolf
Level: 8

Bruh, it's so hard to pronounce and write Japanese, in my opinion.

1 year ago
Report Content
Jaylentjx
Level: 5

It's demoralizing and depressing to see how everyone else can do so much better and faster than you. I been learning Japanese for a while and yet I can't hold a proper basic conversation with anyone. It's a disgrace and great disappointment.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

I really hope you do not let it bother you too much. I know it's impossible to turn those feelings off completely, but if it helps you at all, I am the best speaker I know (in Japanese), and yet it took me 3-4 years to do what others did in months. I was fortunate enough that my speed picked up rapidly after that, but while anecdotal, I really believe there isn't a good benchmark that can apply to everyone.

If you take a look at the renshuu discord, we've got people who have been on renshuu for a year and have already studied 10,000 words. Although I do not study Japanese actively any more, I used renshuu for close to 10 years, and still didn't hit 10,000. I was less motivated initially, busier with work/life, while this other user seems to have a lot more time (and motivation, plus the insane amount of Japanese media available online), and all those different factors worked differently for him.

1 year ago
Report Content
ミヌイールー
Level: 131

Learning a language is tough, and hard work. It can be frustrating and sometimes you may feel like it’s too hard or others surpass you way quicker. While this may be true, I think the reward is great. Like マイコー sensei said, it’s not about getting first place but finishing the race. If I get down I like to focus on the little victories. Can you read the katakana on the wasabi at the store? Win! Can you tell the time? Win! Can you read that one kanji character that you’ve been studying? Absolute win! Those are what keep me going. Every little victory can push you forward. Find what keeps you going. Is it comparison to people? Is it striving for knowledge? Or maybe being able to talk to the waiter at a restaurant? I hope you find what you need so you get encouraged!

がんばれ!

Good luck, and keep at it!

1 year ago
Report Content
Pinkie
Level: 820

don't be discouraged. Japanese is hard but the feeling when you realize you are able to understand what people say and respond to them, is amazing. it's worth it. always remember the reason why you decided to study. if it doesn't help anymore - find one more reason. you can do it

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana