Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - How hard are the JPLT's actually?

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Exams Talk: JLPT, Kanji Kentei

Hey, I'm still fairly new to learning Japanese, but I'd like to pass all the JPLT exams in the future for job and college opportunities in Japan. Even though I've kinda looked at what the exams themselves entail, to me they don't seem that bad just by looking at them, but when I tried to take the JPLT practice test for my level JPLT N5, I realized that they're harder than they look...

So, if you've taken a JPLT of any level, how hard are they actually?

kao_worry.pngkao_heart.png

1 year ago
Report Content
しひろ
Level: 214

I don't think there's a good way to answer that question, end of the day the more you prepare and try out older JLPT papers, the more likely you are to pass.

If you don't at least get a 60-70% passing on a mock paper it is a better idea to study some more. (50% is NOT the passing mark)

I just took N3 last weekend and it (felt) like I might able to pass because I could answer most of the questions; before the test I bought 1 N3 preparation book, and 1 N3 listening book (because when I took N4 in 2017 I almost failed listening, only had 20+ points out of 50(or was it 60 total).

9 months ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Exams Talk: JLPT, Kanji Kentei

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana