Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Global zoom

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 3 of 3

マイコー
Level: 262

Now that you can always get to Focused Review from the settings button next to the study button, how useful do you feel this button is?

1 year ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1200

Vocab pictures on the answer screen just started to appear smaller than I remember (note I don't have global zoom enabled, but I am assuming it is related)

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

There wasn't a change in size, but the alignment is off. I'll fix it, since the change I made didn't really help the text-spilling-out to begin with

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

The furigana popping out should be fixed.

I thought of a solution to the katakana popping out issue, but it's not quite as easy of an issue, so it might be a day or two.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

The "katakana words are too long" issue should be fixed.

1 year ago
Report Content
FoeNyx
Level: 420

Firefox on mobile with a somewhat high zoom level :

Also on firefox mobile, in the stats panel the left part of the stats tables get truncated and thus become unreadable, cannot slide to the left nor pinch in to zoom out. (For both vertical and horizontal orientation)

1 year ago
Report Content

Enabling Global Zoom has the effect of forcing the display language to be English. Not sure when this started, as I only play with Global Zoom occasionally, but it took me over a day to realize why I wasn’t seeing the site in Japanese anymore.

EDIT: I take it back, the display language issue seems to be unrelated to Global Zoom. Disabling GZ seemed to partially restore Japanese text, but that was only temporary, and I’m back to English only again.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

It was unrelated to global zoom, and the language stuff should be fixed. I was running around and screaming yesterday fixing that bug.

As to the reports, thank you! There are still a LOT of small issues with the global zoom that I really haven't had time to work on, but I am hoping I can put the zoom feature back in front sometime soon and get it closer to release.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

A way-overdue update!

I fully plan on releasing Global Zoom in June of 2023. I have been using renshuu on max zoom and going to every single page and tapping everything to see what still needs work.

Currently not finished:

Quiz system (Intro page, vocab/kanji quizzes, gacha machine)

If you see anything outside of these areas that you feel still needs work, please don't hesitate to post! I should be slicing this list in half over the next week.

11 months ago
Report Content

I noticed that at long last the zoom level no longer changes after typing in an answer in quizzes. Thank you! That has been a huge source of frustration recently, and I wasn’t even sure if renshuu was doing it.

11 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Not sure if I fixed that or not, but glad to hear it!

11 months ago
Report Content
Level: 340

Thanks for working so hard on this feature! I thought to ask about it in the past but I assumed it would be a massive headache... I was hoping eventually for zoom on particular elements, such as the example vocab for Kanji quiz results or the search bar entry and search history in the dictionary. They're both so tiny on normal the kanji hurt my eyes to read. This helps a bit, though I don't need other elements larger so I may not use it for long.

I've been using my browser's zoom on Renshuu for a while, but to make it smaller, not bigger. The way elements currently show up in quizzes if the options are too long they push the 4th, sometimes even 3rd, choices off the screen. (Pictured below) If zooming out to make things smaller isn't planned that's okay, just thought I'd mention it.

11 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Any idea what your viewport size is for that? I'm on mobile at the moment, but there are viewport size sites you can look up.

11 months ago
Report Content

Any idea what your viewport size is for that? I'm on mobile at the moment, but there are viewport size sites you can look up.

Sorry! Yes, according to whatismyviewport.com it's 1366 px x 615 px

11 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for that. So, with that screen size, is there any extra space above the question box that's not getting used? In your picture, I see the bottom edge of the browser window, but I cannot quite tell if the top is cut off or not.

11 months ago
Report Content

There is a small space at the top between the question box and the navigation bar. However, I do have the bookmark toolbar showing under the address bar. If I hide the bookmark toolbar I get more space and this occurs less frequently but does still occasionally happen.

11 months ago
Report Content
マイコー

Got it, thanks. The only thing I can think of that may help is setting it so that if it is a certain height or lower (viewport), switch it over to "mobile" mode, which allows you to fix answers to one line, max.

Pop open your general settings (user icon, then settings icon), and search for "long". Make sure that option is turned on, then try a new quiz, and see if you notice any improvement.

11 months ago
Report Content

Thanks! I'll give that a shot

11 months ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 3 of 3

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana