Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Conversation Partner Signup (Interest Check)

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Page: 1 of 2

マイコー
Level: 261

We are considering adding a more formal tool for finding other learners with which you can practice your Japanese!

With that in mind, I'd like to open this thread for users to post their information if they are looking for someone to practice chatting with!

Please post the following (examples given):

Japanese Level: (JLPT level, years studied, etc.)

How you want to practice: (writing, verbal, or both)

Preferred communication: (inside of renshuu, Discord, Twitter, etc.)

Personal Interests:

If you find someone you'd like to talk with, do not respond here! Hit the mail icon below their name and send them a DM.

If you are no longer able to do this, please edit or delete your post.

3 years ago
Report Content
Level: 7

Hi there,

I'm planning on taking the JLPT N2 exam in this summer, so I think I'm somewhere between N3 and N2 right now.

I'd prefer practicing with written messages, because I'm just too shy to let anyone hear my voice. Sorry for that.

I would be okay with both renshuu and discord. I don't really use any other forums, but if you have any better ideas just tell me about it.

I absolutely adore literature (especially Japanese and American) and I also love anime and manga. I like Haikyuu, Jujutsu Kaisen and Bungou Stray Dogs the best. I'm interested in psychology as well. I think I'm just very fond of the 'dark secrets' of the human mind. I really want to understand and be aware of them.

よろしくおいします。

K.

3 years ago
Report Content
すねだ
Level: 1394

こんにちは

I barely passed the N1 last year and plan on pursuing a master at a Japanese university.

Both writing and conversing works for me. I am used to renshuu, discord and line, but am open to other applications.

My interests involve film, especially animated ones, music and animals. I enjoy meeting new people, so I love this initiative :D

よろしく!

3 years ago
Report Content
Dukanva
Level: 662

Hello everyone!

I think I am at about N3 level right now. I'd like to work on both writing and speaking, but I think writing might be easier to get started with. My interests are art, video games, movies and such geeky stuff. Feel free to shoot me a message! :)

3 years ago
Report Content
Liyan Patrick
Level: 122

Hi! I have been studying Japanese for about 1 year and a half, I was planning to take the JLPT N5 last year but couldn't due to a few "interesting" events. I would love to practice by writing and by speaking but I am a bit shy so I might not be as comfortable practicing verbally. If you guys want to send me a message, I have Discord, and Facebook Messenger.

As for my interests, I like watching anime, I love making desserts and bread making. I also enjoy sports like table tennis, badminton, swimming.

よろしくおねがいします!

3 years ago
Report Content
ayushka
Level: 221

Hi everyone!

First of all - I love this idea!

I've been studying Japanese for more than 10 years now. Took a few lessons at the university and then continued on my own. Sounds a lot but I still consider myself to be between a beginner and intermediate, N4-N3 maybe. I think I lack the motivation and lately studying Japanese has become like a chore for me... But the conversations (written, I'm too shy and self-conscious for verbal) would be perfect!

I love Japanese culture and cuisine (duh), books, I love my job (a nurse/paramedic), Doctor Who, Cirque du Soleil, movies, videogames ... etc etc, we will surely find something to talk about :)

Anyone feel free to message me here on renshuu!

Alena

3 years ago
Report Content
Level: 836

Hi everyone!

I love this idea! I would love to practice Japanese with fellow learners :-)

I have been studying Japanese for ten years. I never took the JLPT but I guess I'm somewhere between N3 and N2. I can practice on Discord, signal or line.

A little about me. I'm French and I love travels and cooking, Sci fi fantasy or thriller books / movies/ series.

よろしくおいします!

マイ

3 years ago
Report Content
jscraftsman
Level: 234

Hi everyone!

I am very interested on this idea!

A few information about me:

Japanese Level: Planning to take the JLPT Level N3 (passed the N5 and N4 a few years ago) , but below is the breakdown of my self-rating for my Japanese

• Kanji Reading: ~N3/N2
  • Vocabulary - N3/N4
  • Grammar - N4/N5
  • Listening/Speaking - N4/N5

I want to practice holding a conversation in Japanese

Preferred communication: Discord (I think we could make use of the voice channel for scheduled conversations where there is a channel for each type, example one channel is for a specific "topic of the day" where the conversion will mainly evolve on that topic, then another channel for "free form discussions", etc)

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

@jscraftsman - I have been toying with the idea of a renshuu discord server, but I really don't have much time to manage one.

https://www.renshuu.org/forums...

I'd be happy to give it a start, even if it's super tiny, if there's at least one other person with a bit of discord knowhow and willingness to help :)

3 years ago
Report Content
jscraftsman
Level: 234

I could help with the setup and creating an evolving process on how the discord server would work.

I have experience in creating simple discord servers in the past, but it was only for small number of people (less than 30, and most of them at not very active) so I'm not really confident on managing a large one, but I am confident we can create a process (or basic rules on how the server will be used) as we move forward

3 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sent you a DM. If anyone else wants to help us slap together a server, send me a message!

3 years ago
Report Content
みちこ☆
Level: 3

こんにちは!みちこです~ 🐥

ですか。

I studied Japanese for 4 years at a language school and graduated basic level, took the JLPT and got the N4 level certificate 2 years ago. But since then, my studies slowed down and only now I'm starting to pick them back up. So my Japanese language skills are a little bit rusty >.<

I would prefer typing over verbal chatting since I'm really shy. Also, via Renshuu, because I don't have discord nor twitter.

I enjoy memes, watching YouTube and Netflix, listening to music (The Beatles, I really, really love them, but I listen to some J-pop songs as well), watching japaneseドラマ and アニメ (I'm more into shoujo genre, but I did watch some seinen such as Fullmetal and currently watching with my sister). I'm not a gamer, but I play LLSIF on my phone (anyone?!). Although rarely, I do read some マンガ. My favorite dish is ラーメン!(☆▽☆) But カレー comes in close second (๑♡ᴗ♡๑)

I recently decided to go to college and plan on applying for Visual Arts.

My dream destinations are Japan and England, but I would love to get to know the whole world.

Sorry for the long introduction 🎉

どうぞよろしくおねがいしまーす!☆

3 years ago
Report Content
Dandylion
Level: 27

さんこんにちは(^∀^)

I've been studying Japanese for a long time but only have attempted (and failed) the N2 once several years ago. My kanji knowledge lags far behind where it should be at this point, which is largely my own fault as I can not muster up the motivation to study much. I also would like to improve my vocabulary which is mainly why I joined Renshuu.

I'm hoping that conversation practice will help me regain motivation to study. I'm comfortable conversationally on everyday topics but start to break down on more abstract, complex topics. I passed the oral proficiency exam (OPI) with an intermediate high score... I like to think I'm actually advanced-low (^o^)

I'm happy to converse over Line or Signal, so let me know if you're up for it!

My interests: food, cooking, violin, Jesus, Japanese dramas, travel, working out

3 years ago
Report Content
DianaVS
Level: 20

Hi!

I would love to participate in this :)

Japanese Level: passed N3 two years ago, planned to take N2 in 2020 but it got cancelled. My active Japanese (writing, speaking) is rubbish though, looking to improve this.

How you want to practice: writing to start with. My time is unfortunately limited and I would prefer to focus on one thing.

Preferred communication: Discord would be great. Inside of renshuu also works!

Personal Interests: languages, board games, video games, sci-fi/fantasy literature, travel.

My work schedule is very irregular and it could be difficult for me to commit to a regular schedule for this, but I would love to pop in on the Discord server when possible.

Thanks for the initiative!

3 years ago
Report Content

こんにちはみなさん!

はシェリルです。はアニメとコスプレがきです。。

My japanese is at beginner level say, N5? I love the idea of having a practice partner. I have been practicing on and off for more than 2 years. I took too much time learning hiragana and I had no support so I stopped but I'm back with full force now!( Plus the power of God and anime😁). I love asian food in general, DIYs, cosplay and anime.

I would love to chat and call on discord or whatsapp if you're up to it. I'm not shy and I don't bite. My only problem is that I can't keep in contact with people ☹️ but I'm great at conversations and will crack you up in no time so bear with me.

ありがとうございます、よろしくおいします!

3 years ago
Report Content
Kyu-nei
Level: 32

こんにちは!

Hi! This sounds interesting, as a fellow learner can contribute to the growth of both^^

As for me, I have literally zero knowledge apart from writing some gibberish nonsense that only a *ahem* special person like me can mess up with, since I just started learning a few days ago. To give you an idea of my level, my Japanese knowledge is the equivalent of saying "I see pretty, want thing over there".

It would be great to find somebody to talk with who could guide me through grammar basics, pronunciation (which really isn't a problem for me due to my lack of an accent either in Spanish or English) and basic conversation, etc, etc. As for how I focus on learning and how I progress, I rely heavily on context clues, such as if a sentence has a few words that I know I can infer the general meaning and I also learn quickly. I study hard and do not like falling behind, so if somebody has a kind heart and decides to help me, I will not laze around (it doesn't change the fact that I am mostly brick-headed and stubborn as a mule). As for what I like, I love drawing, I love messing around with computers (emulating consoles that are mostly Nintendo although I'm planning to see what the Playstation emulation is like , setting up vms with services to block ads, minecraft servers, firewalls, etc) and I love this one manga called Owari no Serafu (Seraph of the End) so much I know the entire thing by memory (I can go as far as to recite the entire freaking thing). I also like vocaloid, baking, reading insane amounts of books and cooking a lot.

As for preferred method of communication, I (as of now) can only use the renshuu forums, unfortunately. Also, I do understand that helping me would be a chore (I am a chore, my existence is a chore) so I am fully willing to, if my hypothetical helper/savior is interested, help with providing my knowledge of Spanish as a native language, be it for translating something or all out teaching the language, anything that you need (although there is like a 60% possibility that I suck at teaching, as I have ⚝stellar⚝ social skills, I wouldn't know because I haven't tried. Not that I'm rude hehe I'm just I don't know... Dislikable to most people :/ ).

Forgive me for the long and tiresome dissertation but this is important to me, and I will be ever so grateful to whoever helps me/ I help back.

Than you and good day.

~~~||はな より だんご||~~~

But not boys, the candy.

Just to be clear.

Forgive the lack of Kanji, I seem to be channeling Yu-chan with my lack of knowledge. Not the idiot bit, just the ignorant part.

3 years ago
Report Content
ユーブンツ
Level: 15

Hello all!

Japanese Level: (JLPT level, years studied, etc.) - I took three Japanese classes in college. It's been a while since college.

The last class was the first half of the intermediate Japanese. If I remember correctly, it supposedly should've put me at N3, but I've never taken the test, and at this point, from lack of using Japanese, I don't think I'd pass.

Most of my Japanese practice nowadays is struggling through shounen manga furigana, although I am able to read manga with more realistic premises without the dictionary more or less (Uchi no Musuko ha Tabun Gei, anyone? That is a lovely comic!) or scratching my head at the cryptic internet slang Japanese anime artists uses. And anime with subtitles. (It's too scary without them, although for practice's sake, I should forgo them.)

How you want to practice: (writing, verbal, or both) - writing! My mental kanji library is worse than a beginner's library at this point. Also, my grammar needs help. Everything is rusty.

Preferred communication: (inside of renshuu, Discord, Twitter, etc.) - inside renshuu please!

Personal Interests: Anime, manga, videogames... especially those that can be analyzed. I'm your standard hippie weeb.

よろしく!

3 years ago
Report Content
toot
Level: 21

Hello everyone!

I think this is a great idea and would love to have someone to talk Japanese with! I am still a little rusty at Japanese but I will try my best, I am willing to talk to anyone of any JLPT level :)

• Japanese level and years studied: N5 and I've only started a few months ago lol
  • How I want to study: Any is fine but I prefer writing at the moment!
  • Communication: Through renshuu please! but you can suggest other ways
  • Personal interests: Anime, Vocaloid, Drawing, Musicals, Reading, and Cosplay

ありがとうございます :D

-toot

3 years ago
Report Content

Hi! :3

Japanese level: Beginner. I've mastered hiragana and katakana, know some kanji, have a very loose grip on some of the grammar... I'm kinda a mess

How I want to study: text mostly but maybe some speaking/listening as well!

Communication: Discord mostly, but through renshuu is fine too!

Interests: VTubers (mostly Hololive), Vocaloid, Pokemon, Touhou, RPG Maker games

よろしくおねがいしまーす!!!♡

3 years ago
Report Content
DJ_Saidez
Level: 2

Hi guys! ^^

Japanese level: Upper-beginner, I'm not following textbooks/JLPT, instead learning about topics that interest me and immersing myself through Animal Crossing and such, so I wouldn't pass an exam or be able to ask for directions. I still call myself N4-ish.

While I don't mind what style you talk to me in, I learned casual Japanese because of the path I took and my philosophy with language, so I'll be speaking informally.

How I want to practice: I already get texting practice with my friends (cheating because I overuse a dictionary all the time) but I want to start practicing speaking as well, I wouldn't mind texting though

Communication: Either renshuu or LINE, I won't be very active right now because I'm about to take finals.

Interests: Languages, furry fandom(ask me about it), electronic music, sci-fi, Animal Crossing (New Horizons), anime (PaRappa, Lucky Star, Nichijou, K-On!), sports (soccer, basketball, football), cross-country running

My English isn't perfect since I'm a non-native speaker, but I'm better at it than my native language. I stopped worrying about it a while ago because I just want to worry about getting my message across, so my grammar/expressions might seem funny to you.

También hablo español pero no soy perfecto, ya que cuando me mudé a los EE.UU. me hice dominante en el inglés. Me encantaría practicar mi español más, y ayudar a otros aprendiéndolo.

よろしくね!

3 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 2

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana