Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Considering: making it easier to add new vectors

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

マイコー
Level: 256

I'd appreciate any feedback:

**Current situation** - you have a schedule with 300 (example) terms. 0 ready to study. You add a new vector you haven't used before. You now have 300 terms ready to study. Head explodes.

**Idea under consideration** - same schedule. Add a new vector. renshuu spread out the "ready to study" over 14-21 days, so instead of 300 new terms that day, you'd have (on average) 15-20 terms to study each day.

Can you think of any reason why the new idea would not be desirable?

2 years ago
Report Content

Sounds fantastic. My only concern would be how it would interact with a previously head-exploded situation.

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

It would fix it :). Basically, the logic is pretty simple:

For each vector that has been added, check all terms in schedule.

If vector needs to be studied now, bump it.

Save.

>> So, it would be able to "repair" situations if you wanted to do that. I could, at some point, add a way to do the same thing to repair the entire schedule if you get backtracked, and it becomes a situation of "fix it" or "give up on it".

What I really want is to be able to bring vector selections out to the front, so it's super easy to just turn on/off vectors to see how they work, without having to jump through a ton of hoops.

2 years ago
Report Content
gdartfow
Level: 1465

How would it scale?

Say you have 3000 terms, instead of 300. Would they be spread out over 140-210 days or would you have 150-200 terms per day?

Personally, I feel it should be somewhere in the middle (e.g. ~50 days with ~60 terms each).

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'll answer here, but I'm going to archive this thread soon so we can focus discussion in this thread: https://www.renshuu.org/forums...

Right now, it does not scale at all - it's fixed on the 21 days. This can definitely be adjusted in the future, either automatically, or via a setting (although I'd personally prefer to have it remain entirely hidden).

2 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana